Interlibrary loan (ILL): Submit a request Last Updated: Sep 02, 2021 Views: 1175
An Interlibrary Loan (ILL) is a request to borrow books or magazine/journal articles from libraries outside of Algonquin. An ILL brings the requested item to our library. An Interlibrary loan normally takes two weeks from the date that your request is confirmed
Who Can Use This Service?
ILL is available to current Algonquin students, faculty and staff only. Your Library account must be clear of fines and overdue material.
How Do I Request an Interlibrary Loan?
- Before requesting the item, you need the following information:
- your student/faculty/staff number and your program name.
- information about the item/s you are requesting:
- Title of Book or Article
- Call Number (if a book)
- Edition (if a book)
- Issue, Volume, Pages Needed, Publication Date
- Fill out the Interlibrary Loan Request Form. If you have any questions, please contact your campus library.
Note: The borrowing policies for the library that provides your item may be different from those of Algonquin College’s Library. Please visit the website of the loaning library to find out about their policies, especially any policies about fines.
Ask The Library
Need More Help?
Do you need to talk to library staff? All campus libraries offer brief research consultation and search help during business hours. Contact us in one of the following ways and we will answer within 24 hours during the business work week: