Images: How to search for visual resources Last Updated: May 17, 2023 Views: 68
There are two ways that you can find images:
- Digital resource collections.
- Open multimedia
Digital Resource Collections
The digital resource collections provide access to many useful and informative images.
To find images in a digital resource collection:
- Open the list of Databases A-Z from the Library website and change the database type to Image.
- Choose a digital resource collection.
- Conduct a search with your search terms within the collection. The collection may not automatically filter your results to images.
- Use the collection’s search limiters to filter your search results to images.
Note: A current College Network Account is required for off-campus searching.
If you are looking for images to include in a video, infographic, website or anything else that will be available to the public, it is important that you are not using images that are protected by copyright restrictions.
There are several websites that you can use to find free images available for use. You can find a list of some of these sites on the Open Multimedia page of our OER Guide. Make sure to follow the license attached to each media resource as rules and regulations do still apply.
Ask The Library
Need More Help?
Do you need to talk to library staff? All campus libraries offer brief research consultation and search help during business hours. Contact us in one of the following ways and we will answer within 24 hours during the business work week: