Items borrowed from other libraries: How to renew/return Last Updated: Feb 02, 2021 Views: 572
If you borrowed an item from another library, the process for renewing or returning that item might be different than for items from the Algonquin College Library.
Read the instructions below:
If you want to extend the borrowing period and keep an item for a little longer, you can do so by renewing it.
Note: material that is borrowed from another library directly or through Interlibrary Loan are subject to the owning library’s policy on renewals.
Below are the methods of renewing items for each borrowing method:
- Direct Borrowing: If you borrowed directly from a SmartLibrary Participating Library, the Canadian Conservation Institute (CCI) or another Ontario College Library, contact the lending library before the due date of your item.
- Interlibrary Loan (ILL): Contact the campus where you requested the loan before the due date:
Borrowers with overdue materials will be assessed fines as per the owning library’s policies. Any fines will be assigned to their Algonquin Library account.
Below are the methods of returning items for each borrowing method:
- SmartLibrary: Borrowers should return all items directly to the lending library.
- Canadian Conservation Institute: Borrowers may return items to the CCI library or the Algonquin College library (Ottawa campus).
- Other Ontario College Libraries: Borrowers should return items directly to the lending library.
- Algonquin Interlibrary Loan (ILL): Borrowers should return items to the Algonquin College campus library where they requested the ILL (usually their home campus).
Ask The Library
Need More Help?
Do you need to talk to library staff? All campus libraries offer brief research consultation and search help during business hours. Contact us in one of the following ways and we will answer within 24 hours during the business work week: