Page 1+: How to find resources Last Updated: Aug 02, 2022 Views: 117
You can use the Page 1+ platform from the Library homepage to search almost all of the Library's digital and print resources at once:
- Online: journal articles, magazine articles, newspaper articles, ebooks, video
- In-Library: books, DVDs
To search for resources in Page 1+:
- Type your search terms into the search box on the Library home page.
Tip: Plan your search before you begin by making a list of potential search terms. You can add to this list when you discover other terms during your search.
- By default, your results will display in a list ordered by relevance.
Tip: You can customize the ranking of your results by clicking on ‘Personalize’ and selecting your preferred disciplines/subject areas
- Click the title of a search result to view details about that item.
- You can read details about the result, such as author, source (journal, etc.), what type of document it is (article, etc.), the abstract, the call number, the location, etc.
- If the item is available in full text online, you can click the full text link to read it.
Note: if there is a resource that you want that isn’t available at Algonquin College, you may be able to request it by clicking ‘Resource Sharing’.
Ask The Library
Need More Help?
Do you need to talk to library staff? All campus libraries offer brief research consultation and search help during business hours. Contact us in one of the following ways and we will answer within 24 hours during the business work week: