Online articles: How to search using library tools Last Updated: May 17, 2023 Views: 91
You can find online articles using the following tools:
- Page 1+
- Digital resource collections
Search Page 1 + for articles from magazines, journals and newspapers by keyword, title or author.
- Enter your search terms. You can filter your results by availability by checking ‘Available online’ or ‘Peer reviewed journals.
- When viewing your search results, use the Resource Type listed on the left of the page to refine the results to the type of source from which you want articles, e.g. academic journals, magazines, etc.
Digital Resource Collections
You can search for specific articles within each digital resource collection.
- Click on the Databases A-Z button (found on the Library homepage below the Page 1+ search bar).
- Use the Database Type drop-down menu to filter the collections. Use filters such as the following to display the collections that contain the type of resource you need:
- Peer Reviewed
- Trade Journals
- Choose a digital resource collection and click to open it.
- Conduct a search with your search terms within the collection. The collection will not automatically filter your results to articles.
- Use the collection’s search limiters to filter your search. The following are some of ways you can narrow your search:
- By document type to show only articles
- To peer reviewed journals
Ask The Library
Need More Help?
Do you need to talk to library staff? All campus libraries offer brief research consultation and search help during business hours. Contact us in one of the following ways and we will answer within 24 hours during the business work week: