Books & DVDs: How to find items in the library Last Updated: Aug 10, 2023 Views: 46
These instructions will explain the following steps to accessing a book or DVD:
- Finding print books and/or DVDs using Page 1+
- Borrowing a book
Search Page 1+ for books by keyword, title or author.
- Enter your search terms and click Search. By default, Page 1+ will filter your search to show only results that are Available in Library Collection.
- When viewing your search results, use the limiters in the left side bar to refine your search. Under Availability, select Print/Physical item.
- You can search for books at a specific campus under Campus.
- Click on a title to open the complete record. The record will tell you the following:
- The title and the author
- The campus library that has your item.
- The call number (for physical items such as books)
- The type of material (book, ebook, online video, DVD, etc)
- The location (standard shelf location or in library use such as reserves or reference). It will also note if the item is in a special area of the library (levelled readers or oversized). Items on reserve or in reference at other campuses cannot be Intercampus loaned.
- Whether the item is available. The item may be borrowed if it has a due date showing under Location.
- If the title is listed as “unavailable” the due date will be shown. You may request the item and will be contacted when the item becomes available.
Ask The Library
Need More Help?
Do you need to talk to library staff? All campus libraries offer brief research consultation and search help during business hours. Contact us in one of the following ways and we will answer within 24 hours during the business work week: