Canadian content: How to filter your search to find Canadian sources Last Updated: May 17, 2023 Views: 33
You can search for Canadian content through the Digital resource collections.
Digital Resource Collections
- Open the list of Databases A-Z from the Library website and change the database type to Canadian Content. This will display collections that provide access to Canadian content.
- Choose a digital resource collection. Note: some collections contain international content as well as Canadian content. Make sure you read the description of the collection.
- Conduct a search with your search terms within the collection. If your resource collection also includes international content, try adding the term 'Canad*',‘Canada’ or ‘Canadian’ to your search terms. This makes it more likely that your search results will be related to Canada. Canad* will search for both Canada and Canadian.
- Use the collection’s search limiters to filter your search. You can often use these limiters to filter your results to videos.
- You can also look for the maple leaf icon next to a database to spot collections that focus on canadian resources. e.g.
Note: A current College Network Account is required for off-campus searching.
Ask The Library
Need More Help?
Do you need to talk to library staff? All campus libraries offer brief research consultation and search help during business hours. Contact us in one of the following ways and we will answer within 24 hours during the business work week: