Print journals/magazines/newspapers: Finding resources at Perth/Pembroke Last Updated: Aug 10, 2023 Views: 22
You can find specific print periodicals (journals or magazines) using the following tools:
- Page 1+
- Publication Search
- Click Publication Search on the Library homepage.
- Search by title of the journal, magazine, or newspaper. The results will display the available titles.
- Under ‘Refine Results’ - ‘Availability’, check Print/physical item. Take note of the years covered by each collection.
- Enter your search terms in Page 1+ on the Library homepage.
- Open the Advanced Search.
- Enter the title, author, subject or keyword in the search bar and refine your results but selecting 'Newspapers search' or 'Journals' option found under the Resource Type tab. Tip: You can search for resources from a specific campus by selecting a campus location from the ‘campus’ drop-down menu under Refine Results.
- Click on a title to open the complete record. The record will tell you the following:
- The library location: the campus library that has your item.
- The call number or shelf location.
- The type of material.
- The location (standard shelf location or in library use such as reserves or reference). It will also note if the item is in a special area of the library (levelled readers or oversized). Items on reserve or in reference at other campuses cannot be Intercampus loaned.
- Whether the item is available. The item may be borrowed if it does not have a due date showing under Location.
Ask The Library
Need More Help?
Do you need to talk to library staff? All campus libraries offer brief research consultation and search help during business hours. Contact us in one of the following ways and we will answer within 24 hours during the business work week: