Borrowing items: Requesting an item Last Updated: Aug 02, 2022 Views: 776
If you would like to borrow an item from the Library, you can request it online and pick up the book on campus. You can also visit your campus Library service desk and request the book in person. Please read the instructions for borrowing a book.
You can also request materials from other AC campus libraries and have items brought to your campus location.
To request a print item:
- In your Page 1+ search results, click on the item you would like to request.
- Under ‘Get it’, select Request: Resource Sharing. (*Note, you will need to be signed in to see this option)
- Fill out your information, email and choose the campus location where you would like to pick up the item.
- Click Send Request. You will now see whether your hold was successful or unsuccessful. Note: You cannot place holds on in-library items (course reserves or reference)
- When the item you have placed on hold is available for pick up, you will be contacted by email.
To view the status of a request:
- While signed in to your account in Page 1+, click on your name in the top right corner to see your account info
- Select My Requests.
- Your current requests will be displayed.
The Library will contact you by email once your holds are available. Please read the instructions for picking up your holds.
Ask The Library
Need More Help?
Do you need to talk to library staff? All campus libraries offer brief research consultation and search help during business hours. Contact us in one of the following ways and we will answer within 24 hours during the business work week: