Renewals: Renewing your items Last Updated: Apr 14, 2023 Views: 273
Renewing an item extends the length of time that you can borrow that item. Most items may be renewed twice. Material borrowed may be renewed under the following conditions:
- Renewal occurs before or on the due date.
- There are no holds on the material.
- You have no overdue material on your account.
Faculty/staff and students can renew materials in the following ways:
- using their Library card in person at their campus library desk
- by contacting us.
- by signing in to the library online using the My Account button found on the Library homepage.
Alumni and members of the community can renew items that they have borrowed from the Algonquin Library by visiting their campus library desk or by contacting us.
To renew items online
- Sign in to Page 1+ on the library home page using your College Network Account credentials.
- Click on your name in the top right corner to access your account menu.
- Click on My Loans. Any items you are currently borrowing will be displayed.
- Select any items that you want to renew and click Renew.
- Make sure that your items have been successfully renewed. You will not be able to renew items that have a hold on them, items that are already late, or items such as reserve books that have a shorter borrowing period.
When you have finished using the item, return it to your campus library.
Renewing an item from another library? Read about how to renew and return items borrowed from another library.
Ask The Library
Need More Help?
Do you need to talk to library staff? All campus libraries offer brief research consultation and search help during business hours. Contact us in one of the following ways and we will answer within 24 hours during the business work week: